Workfront is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution designed to help enterprise teams—from IT to Marketing, to company leadership—eliminate the typical chaos of work and gain greater visibility company wide. Workfront covers the entire lifecycle of work, from request to report, in one easily adoptable platform
Our customers include world-class enterprise companies like Intuit, Sony, Tommy Hilfiger, NBC-Universal, Workday, Merck, Trek, and Cisco. Companies use Workfront in every industry and in every type of department to streamline their work and get things done faster and better. Our customers routinely report greater efficiency, higher productivity, and more satisfied teams.
During its rise, Workfront has focused on providing both an unparalleled product and an unmatched workplace. To our delight, these efforts have been highlighted by some of the most prestigious awards and recognitions around:
- Leader in the Gartner Inc., 2014 Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management Services for the third year in a row
- Featured as number 89 on Forbes’ 2014 list of America’s Most Promising Companies
- Ranked 348 in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™; the second consecutive year AtTask has been ranked
- Ranked as a Champion in the Info-Tech Vendor Landscape for the second year in a row
- Winner: THINKstrategies Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Award
- Recognized in the Gartner, Inc. Magic Quadrant for Marketing Resource Management
- Ranked 24th in Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50; sixth year being ranked
- Ranked 51st in MountainWest Capital Network’s Utah 100; seventh year being ranked
- Ranked 20th in the 2014 Selling Power list of 50 Best Companies to Sell For
Started in 2001 as AtTask, our company was founded by Scott Johnson and a small group of forward-thinking entrepreneurs dedicated to making better project management software. They bootstrapped the company, taking out second mortgages to keep it afloat. Over the subsequent decade, AtTask rose to prominence, ultimately making the crucial decision to expand their platform to meet the unique work management challenges of enterprise organizations.
As AtTask took its place in the marketplace as the leading cloud-based enterprise work solution, it became clear that, even as the company’s mission had evolved, our name needed to evolve. Rather than focusing only on the tactical work of organizing tasks, we needed a new name that would capture the true enterprise scope and value that our solution brought to our customers. After months of consideration and market testing, we finally arrived at a name and brand that conveyed the breadth, value, and power we deliver to our customers every day—and the unlimited future potential of our solution. In early 2015, AtTask became Workfront.
Scott is now Chairman of the Board, with an accomplished, dynamic executive team taking the reins of day-to-day operations at the company, which has grown to over 500 employees. But the mission the founders began in 2001 still remains: to help knowledge workers improve the way they manage, organize, and deliver their work.
Just Getting Started
As thrilled as we are about our progress, Workfront is really just getting started. The possibilities for cloud-based enterprise work management are endless, and, as enterprises become increasingly globalized, opportunities abound. We look forward to tackling these challenges for our customers and making them more competitive than ever.
“Enterprise work management represents an evolution in how organizations organize and manage work,” says Eric Morgan, CEO. “We need to pay as much attention to the way knowledge workers get work done as we have given supply chain and the shop floor. Our mission is to ‘optimize the cubicle’ to fully engage knowledge workers while cultivating their efficiency and effectiveness.”