OREM, Utah-June 16, 2009--AtTask, the definitive solution enabling organizations to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise, enables GCS, a contractor that provides real-time systems development and integration services for NASA, to effectively manage and support the software tools used by NASA’s IV&V contractors on large, complex software systems to ensure they meet the requirements and to mitigate risks early in the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
“We needed a centralized solution for managing our tool development and maintenance projects along with a more efficient way to manage help desk and support requests,” says Bill Elson, Tool Labs Manager for GCS. “NASA requires compliance with some very specific standards for every software tool they use to mitigate risks and ensure the quality the software being developed. AtTask gives us the visibility we need into the status of development and support requests so we can gauge how we’re doing and where we can improve. It also gives us the flexibility to revise our project schedules as priorities change and provides us instant feedback on the impact of those changes.”
“Compliance and governance is crucial to organizations like NASA and their contractors,” says Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. “AtTask enables GCS to maintain compliance records in a centralized location as well as accommodate notes and other related communication. AtTask includes structured governance and compliance functionality natively within the application--making it simple for GCS to comply with NASA standards.”
Establishing an audit trail is crucial to effectively manage compliance and certification. AtTask automatically keeps track of audit trails that include notes, documents, and status changes making it possible for GCS to keep track of everything associated with the software tools used by NASA’s contractors.
GCS leverages AtTask’s project management solution to efficiently manage tool development and maintenance projects, help desk requests, issue management, and bug tracking. Using AtTask’s help desk queue to review and evaluate submitted issues, and manage support workload, GCS can effectively meet the software support needs of NASA’s IV&V contractors and efficiently report project, task and issue status to NASA project managers via email.
“AtTask helps us accomplish our mission to support NASA’s IV&V program,” says Elson. “We have a lot of projects going on at one time--AtTask helped us create a process that gives us visibility into everything we’re doing so we can be more effective and productive.”
AtTask believes that outperforming the market demonstrates that organizations are choosing AtTask over competitive offerings to collaborate and manage the work most essential to the enterprise. Companies from around the world embrace AtTask because it enables them to:
- Mitigate risks by validating that project execution aligns with business strategy
- Prioritize and focus on the initiatives that provide the greatest business value
- Optimize resource utilization with best practices project delivery
- Implement an easy-to-use PPM solution that can be expanded enterprise-wide
“AtTask is proving to be the definitive solution for companies wanting to focus their workforce on the most relevant activities,” says Johnson. “We ended 2008 with Q4 revenues up 141% year-over-year, and we continue the trend this year, exceeding projections for Q1 2009 with a 140% year-over-year increase in bookings. Even in difficult economic times, we are pleased that our product innovation and leadership is resonating with businesses who are pushing for greater success in their organizations.”
Recent AtTask Highlights
- AtTask finishes another record-breaking quarter with 183 new customers and 140% year-over-year increase in Q1 2009 bookings
- AtTask February Update 2009 allows business leaders to align strategic vision and objectives with project selection and execution enterprise-wide
- AtTask named best on-demand project management solution by TopTenREVIEWS for the third consecutive year
- AtTask’s first ever User Conference an overwhelming success with customers, prospects, and partners attending from around the world
- AtTask wins second year in a row with 2009 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Project Management Software
- AtTask recognized by Utah Valley BusinessQ in their UV50 listing of fastest-growing companies as #4 with three-year growth of 387%
- AtTask continues to build a strong, experienced management team with the addition of Kevin Hayden, Chief Marketing Officer and Michael Olson, Chief Financial Officer
For more information about AtTask, visit www.attask.com.
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask (www.attask.com) is the project and portfolio management (PPM) solution that focuses all knowledge workers on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include American Airlines, Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE Healthcare, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Newsweek, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.
About GeoControl Systems
GeoControl Systems, Inc. (www.geocontrol.com) is a high-technology company that provides simulation and testing, monitoring/diagnosis, and data communication for aerospace applications. Federal government certified; GCS is characterized by the real-time systems development and integration services it provides to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and its prime aerospace contractors.