OREM, Utah-June 1, 2009--AtTask (www.attask.com), the definitive solution enabling organizations to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise, enjoyed share growth of +90.9% in 2008, according to Gartner’s market share analysis. AtTask growth exceeded every other vendor in the survey, making them the fastest growing share vendor in the project and portfolio management (PPM) market.
According to the recent Gartner report titled Market Share: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide, 2008, published May 20, 2008, analysts Laurie Wurster, Teresa Jones, and Asheesh Raina write, “After a banner year in 2007 with 24% growth, the worldwide project and portfolio management software market growth slowed to 7.4% in 2008 for a total of $1.2 billion.”
“Our vision to help organizations across the enterprise focus on activities that will make their companies more effective, innovative, and competitive was embraced by industry-leading organizations around the world—and evidenced by our growth in market share,” says Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. “AtTask continues to grow and capture additional market share in 2009.”
AtTask believes that outperforming the market demonstrates that organizations are choosing AtTask over competitive offerings to collaborate and manage the work most essential to the enterprise. Companies from around the world embrace AtTask because it enables them to:
1. Mitigate risks by validating that project execution aligns with business strategy
2. Prioritize and focus on the initiatives that provide the greatest business value
3. Optimize resource utilization with best practices project delivery
4. Implement an easy-to-use PPM solution that can be expanded enterprise-wide
“AtTask is proving to be the definitive solution for companies wanting to focus their workforce on the most relevant activities,” says Johnson. “We ended 2008 with Q4 revenues up 141% year-over-year, and we continue the trend this year, exceeding projections for Q1 2009 with a 140% year-over-year increase in bookings. Even in difficult economic times, we are pleased that our product innovation and leadership is resonating with businesses who are pushing for greater success in their organizations.”
AtTask Q1 2009 Highlights
* AtTask finishes another record-breaking quarter with 183 new customers and 140% year-over-year increase in Q1 2009 bookings
* AtTask February Update 2009 allows business leaders to align strategic vision and objectives with project selection and execution enterprise-wide
* AtTask named best on-demand project management solution by TopTenREVIEWS for the third consecutive year
* AtTask’s first ever User Conference an overwhelming success with customers, prospects, and partners attending from around the world
* AtTask wins second year in a row with 2009 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Project Management Software
* AtTask recognized by Utah Valley BusinessQ in their UV50 listing of fastest-growing companies as #4 with three-year growth of 387%
* AtTask continues to build a strong, experienced management team with the addition of Kevin Hayden, Chief Marketing Officer and Michael Olson, Chief Financial Officer
For more information about AtTask, visit www.attask.com.
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask (www.attask.com) is a web-based project management solution that focuses all knowledge workers on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include American Airlines, Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE Healthcare, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Newsweek, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.