OREM, Utah-June 29, 2009--AtTask, (www.attask.com) the definitive solution enabling organizations to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise, wins the “Project & Portfolio Management Innovation Award” for “Best Product Presentation.” The awards recognize industry leadership and product capability in the project and portfolio management (PPM) market.
The Summit brought together senior IT executives from the PPM business community featuring insight from Gartner, Gantthead, and UMT Consulting; as well as Private Boardroom Appointments, a showcase of exhibits, and networking functions. The event focused on initiatives and issues specific to organizations interested in achieving greater productivity and accomplishing the work most essential to the enterprise.
“The biggest challenge for business leaders in the world today, is making certain that initiatives undertaken at the project level are aligned with the strategic and financial goals of their organizations,” said Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. “AtTask provides a formalized request process, demand management, and project prioritization and selection so organizations can validate every initiative. AtTask’s goal is to help organizations bridge strategic and financial objectives with the execution deliverables of project teams.”
AtTask’s award-winning presentation focused on the solutions business leaders require to make their organizations more effective, innovative, and competitive:
* Business Case Assessment -- Mitigate risks by validating that project execution aligns with business strategy
* Demand Management -- Make better investment decisions by performing first-pass evaluations of a potential project’s costs, risks, estimated value and alignment to corporate goals.
* Portfolio Optimization -- Increase return on investment by finding the right mix of projects through comparative metrics-based ranking that considers the risk tolerance, and the importance of return, cost, and corporate alignment.
* Best-Fit Capacity Planning -- Optimize resource utilization by scheduling resources based on best-fit capacity planning across prioritized projects.
* Portfolio Scorecards -- Create more effective business cases for evaluation of potential projects by allowing users to build their own alignment surveys through the use of a customizable scorecard.
The “Project & Portfolio Management Innovation Awards” are the only awards voted on solely by the attending IT decision-makers who directly influence their customers’ technology buying decisions. After two days of boardroom presentations and one-on-one meetings, the decision-makers vote on the products and services presented at the show.
“Focusing on those initiatives that provide the greatest business value is critical in today’s economy,” said Johnson. “The difference between successful organizations and those that struggle is often in the initiatives they decide to pursue. Choosing the right projects is critical for organizations that want to make the most out of limited resources. I’m very pleased that our message resonates with the IT executives attending the PPM Summit.”
Recent AtTask Highlights
* AtTask finishes another record-breaking quarter with 183 new customers and 140% year-over-year increase in Q1 2009 bookings
* AtTask February Update 2009 allows business leaders to align strategic vision and objectives with project selection and execution enterprise-wide
* AtTask named best on-demand project management solution by TopTenREVIEWS for the third consecutive year
* AtTask’s first ever User Conference an overwhelming success with customers, prospects, and partners attending from around the world
* AtTask wins second year in a row with 2009 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Project Management Software
* AtTask recognized by Utah Valley BusinessQ in their UV50 listing of fastest-growing companies as #4 with three-year growth of 387%
* AtTask continues to build a strong, experienced management team with the addition of Kevin Hayden, Chief Marketing Officer and Michael Olson, Chief Financial Officer
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask (www.attask.com) provides the world's best project management tools and most innovative project and portfolio management software that focuses all knowledge workers on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include American Airlines, Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE Healthcare, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Newsweek, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.
About the Project & Portfolio Management Summit
The Project & Portfolio Management Summit brought Senior IT Executives from the PPM business community together with Gartner Analysts and leading vendors. The Summit examined market trends, offers advice, real and tangible strategies, and evaluation of the latest products and services that help organizations make the right decisions, every day.