Latest portfolio management capabiliti`es streamline project prioritization and optimization--providing greater productivity and cost savings
OREM, Utah--February 17, 2009--AtTask, the world’s most popular project and portfolio management (PPM) solution announces the 2009 February Update, providing enhanced portfolio management functionality, enabling decision-makers to maximize their resources by implementing only those projects that provide the greatest business value.
“The careful control of projects, both IT-related and non-IT projects is becoming increasingly important in an economic climate that demands the avoidance of unnecessary overhead spending,” writes Lauri F. Wurster, et al, in a Gartner Research report released in October 2008 titled: Market Trends: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide 2007-2012. “The trend to expand project management software to include portfolio management capabilities is aimed at helping better align those projects undertaken with the requirements of the business in mind.”
“The biggest challenge for business leaders in the world today, is making certain that initiatives undertaken at the project level are aligned with the strategic and financial goals of their organizations,” says Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. “The February Update includes a robust portfolio management solution including a formalized request process, demand management, project prioritization and selection, and a number of other project management enhancements that definitively bridge the strategic goals of executives and the implementation and execution deliverables of project teams.”
February Update Highlights
- Business Case Assessment--Mitigate risks and reduce costs by ensuring optimal alignment of current and potential projects with corporate strategic and financial goals.
- Demand Management--Make better investment decisions by performing first-pass evaluations of a potential project’s costs, risks, estimated value and alignment to corporate goals.
- Portfolio Optimization--Increase return on investment by finding the right mix of projects through comparative metrics-based ranking that considers the risk tolerance, and the importance of return, cost, and corporate alignment.
- Best-Fit Capacity Planning--Optimize resource utilization by scheduling resources based on best-fit capacity planning across prioritized projects.
- Portfolio Scorecards--Create more effective business cases for evaluation of potential projects by allowing users to build their own alignment surveys through the use of a customizable scorecard.
AtTask’s February Update, the direct result of customer feedback, helps organizations better manage project portfolios and resources to achieve corporate objectives.
“By helping us better manage our resources, we are able to establish more reliable project expectations and are able to consistently deliver what we promise,” says Allan Lamar of Mover’s Suite Software. “There is complete accountability throughout the entire project.”
AtTask 2008 Highlights
- AtTask finishes 2008 with record Q4 revenues--141% year-over-year increase
- AtTask expands overseas with offices in the U.K., China, and Japan
- AtTask chosen as Red Herring 100 North America Winner, joining the ranks of Google, Skype, Salesforce.com, YouTube, and Yahoo!
- AtTask named 2008 SIIA CODiE award winner for best project management software
- AtTask named best on-demand project management solution by TopTenREVIEWS for the third consecutive year
- AtTask introduces new online community and Idea Share with over 1600 customers and tens of thousands of users
- AtTask named an Inc. 500 company, ranked #23 among technology companies
- AtTask introduced enhanced portfolio functionality, which allows executives to prioritize potential projects based upon business value
- AtTask voted Best Product Presentation by IT executives at the PPM Summit in Austria
For more information about AtTask, visit www.attask.com.
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask ( www.attask.com/), with over 1600 customers, is the world’s most popular online project management software. By providing transparency, visibility, and accountability on critical business projects across the enterprise, AtTask allows organizations to reduce costs and increase productivity. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency and productivity for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.
AtTask 2009 User Conference — May 13-15, 2009
The two-day AtTask user conference, Taking Care of Business, will include product training, one-on-one consultations, case studies, breakout sessions, and keynote presentations from AtTask customers like Trane, Hanes, and CBS. Online registration is available at: www.attask.com/userconference.