OREM, Utah—July 27, 2009—AtTask, the definitive solution enabling organizations to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise, today announced the availability of the 2009 July Update. The July Update makes AtTask the first project management software to offer a single sign-on (SSO) service that provides complete integration with other enterprise SSO solutions. The update also includes significant performance enhancements to the interactive Gantt chart, new matrix reporting capabilities, and other functional improvements that enable managers and project teams to collaborate and effectively advance enterprise initiatives.
“No other project and portfolio management provider has ever offered such an extensive SSO solution,” said Nate Bowler, AtTask’s CTO. “We recognized the need of our customers to integrate with a variety of SSO technologies, which is why we’ve developed a centrally managed SSO service that easily integrates with any corporate solution and is automatically configured and enabled when a user opts to set up SSO within our solution.”
The July Update reflects the company’s strategy to propagate AtTask use broadly throughout the enterprise. Its commitment to product usability and performance will further enable organizations to reduce costs and increase productivity across IT, marketing, finance, services, R&D, and operations.
2009 July Update Highlights
* A new centrally managed Single Sign-On service that easily integrates with your corporate SSO solution. AtTask now easily plugs into the most popular SSO solutions, including LDAP and Active Directory (with synchronization), and Federated configurations, and is available to both on-demand and on-premise Enterprise customers.
* Dramatic increases in capability, performance, and usability to AtTask’s extremely powerful interactive Gantt Charts.
* New matrix reporting that allows a summary aggregate report to be displayed in a matrix, making value comparisons much easier.
* Additional functionality enhancements that improve performance and usability for project teams and project managers.
“AtTask continues to lead the market with product enhancements that provide great value to organizations looking to improve business processes, reduce costs, and increase knowledge worker effectiveness,” said Bowler.
Recent AtTask Highlights
* AtTask momentum continues through Q2 with increased revenue growth, strong customer acquisition, and project management innovation.
* Global successes in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) exceeded all projections in Q2.
* AtTask was recognized as a visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management1 in 2009.
* According to Gartner’s Market Share: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide 2008 report2 AtTask was the growth leader for 2008, achieving 90.9 percent share growth, outpacing the overall market by 12x.
* The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) named AtTask the Best Project Management Software for the second year in a row at the 24th Annual CODiE Awards.
* The Project & Portfolio Management Summit, held in June, brought together senior IT executives from the PPM business community who awarded AtTask a “Project & Portfolio Management Award” for “Best Presentation.”
* Organizations from all over the world enjoyed an exciting program of industry analyst presentations and customer success stories during AtTask’s first ever User Conference held in May.
1 Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management" by Daniel B. Stang and Michael Hanford, June 2, 2009
2 Gartner, Inc. "Market Share: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide, 2008" by Laurie F. Wurster et al, May 20, 2009
About the Magic Quadrant
The Gartner Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc., and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask (www.attask.com) is the project and portfolio management (PPM) solution that focuses all knowledge workers on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include American Airlines, Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE Healthcare, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Newsweek, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.