OREM, Utah--March 10, 2009--MBA students at BYU’s Marriott School, one of BusinessWeek’s top 25 business schools, rely on AtTask project and portfolio management (PPM) software to manage corporate field studies programs and foster collaboration with Fortune 500 clients and student project teams.
“The field studies program is a great opportunity for our MBA students to get real-world experience working with some of the most successful organizations in the country,” says Roger McCarty, director of the Marriott School’s field studies program. “Giving students access to PPM software like AtTask allows them to use the same solutions for managing and executing projects they will be using once they leave BYU. The students are able to choose the solutions they perceive are most likely to bring their projects to a successful completion. A little over half of this semester’s group have chosen to use AtTask.”
Last semester, the program’s most successful project team used AtTask to manage research involving the future of offshore manufacturing. As manufacturing costs continue to rise in China (currently the first choice for American offshore manufacturing), the MBA students were asked to research and determine where American manufacturing will turn in the next decade. Although the findings of their research remains confidential, AtTask allows the students to collaborate with each other along with their client and successfully manage their five-stage work-plan remotely to accommodate student schedules--ultimately bringing their research project to a successful conclusion.
“Helping organizations like the BYU Marriott School provide real-world experience to their students is important to AtTask,” says Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. “This kind of practical enterprise workflow management experience is helping the future leaders of industry understand the relationship between the formulation of strategy and tactical project execution. AtTask is proud to contribute to the field studies program at the Marriott School.”
“Our MBA students are highly motivated,” says McCarty. “Their experience working with Fortune 500 companies using real-world software solutions like AtTask offers them the experiences they’ll need to be the business leaders of the future.”
AtTask 2008 Highlights
- AtTask finishes 2008 with record Q4 revenues--141% year-over-year increase
- AtTask expands overseas with offices in the U.K., China, and Japan
- AtTask chosen as Red Herring 100 North America Winner, joining the ranks of Google, Skype, Salesforce.com, YouTube, and Yahoo!
- AtTask named 2008 SIIA CODiE award winner for best project management software
- AtTask named best on-demand project management solution by TopTenREVIEWS for the third consecutive year
- AtTask introduces new online community and Idea Share with over 1600 customers and tens of thousands of users
- AtTask named an Inc. 500 company, ranked #23 among technology companies
- AtTask introduced enhanced portfolio functionality, which allows executives to prioritize potential projects based upon business value
- AtTask voted Best Product Presentation by IT executives at the PPM Summit in Austria
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask ( www.attask.com/), with over 1600 customers, is the world’s most popular provider of online project management tools. By providing transparency, visibility, and accountability on critical business projects across the enterprise, AtTask allows organizations to reduce costs and increase productivity. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency and productivity for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.
AtTask 2009 User Conference — May 13-15, 2009
The two-day AtTask user conference, Taking Care of Business, will include product training, one-on-one consultations, case studies, breakout sessions, and keynote presentations from AtTask customers like Trane, Hanes, and CBS. Online registration is available at: www.attask.com/userconference.