Rawlings counts on AtTask to accelerate new product introduction and early market penetration
OREM, Utah––February 9, 2009––Rawlings, a name synonymous with baseball since 1877, chooses AtTask, the world´s most popular provider of web-based project management software, to provide transparency, reduce costs, and drive new product introduction.
“Most college baseball teams start hitting the batting cages in the fall,” says Ben McIntosh, Commercialization Manager at Rawlings. “If we can get next season´s bats in the hands of college players in the fall, they´ll be using our bats the following spring. We chose AtTask as our project management solution, because we believe they will help us do that.”
“Helping companies like Rawlings take new products to market is very rewarding,” says Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. “Rawlings turned to us because our solution has an immediate impact on cutting costs and ramping up productivity. Managers and executives can see what´s happening on the frontline with real-time, reliable data and actually forecast when projects will be completed--making it possible for companies like Rawlings to develop new products and take them to market quicker.”
Rawlings wanted AtTask to help them accelerate the new product development and implementation cycle. To accomplish this, they were looking for a project management solution that allowed for three specific objectives:
- Fostering collaboration among their global development team was critical to the new product development process
- A centralized location for all their development data enables Rawlings to more efficiently manage the information needed to meet project milestones
- The ability to accurately forecast projected completion dates, based on current project data, makes it possible for Rawlings to identify lagging projects early, and keep teams on schedule
AtTask´s multi-lingual and platform independent solution allows Rawlings project teams to collaborate from anywhere in the world--regardless of whether team members are in the U.S., South America, or China. With all of Rawlings development data in a centralized location--Rawlings can accurately forecast projected completion dates, keeping projects on track, making project teams more efficient, and expedite the development process and shorten the time it takes to get to market.
“We considered 12-13 other project management solutions,” says McIntosh. “AtTask was the most intuitive and made the most sense to us. Compared to the other solutions we considered, I was confident that AtTask would do what we needed it to do from the minute I watched the online demo--I haven´t been disappointed.”
AtTask 2008 Highlights
- AtTask expands overseas with offices in the U.K., China, and Japan
- AtTask chosen as Red Herring 100 North America Winner, joining the ranks of Google, Skype, Salesforce.com, YouTube, and Yahoo!
- AtTask named 2008 SIIA CODiE award winner for best project management software
- AtTask named best on-demand project management solution by TopTenREVIEWS for the third consecutive year
- AtTask introduces new online community and Idea Share with over 1600 customers and tens of thousands of users
- AtTask named an Inc. 500 company, ranked #23 among technology companies
- AtTask introduced enhanced portfolio functionality, which allows executives to prioritize potential projects based upon business value
- AtTask voted Best Product Presentation by IT executives at the PPM Summit in Austria
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask ( www.attask.com/), with over 1600 customers, is the world’s most popular provider of web-based project management tools. By providing transparency, visibility, and accountability on critical business projects across the enterprise, AtTask allows organizations to reduce costs and increase productivity. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency and productivity for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.
Rawlings is a leading marketer and manufacturer of baseball equipment and other sporting goods in the United States. Rawlings is the Official Baseball and Helmet of Major League Baseball® and official ball of the NCAA® baseball championships. Rawlings is also the official basketball for the NAIA®, NJCAA®, AAU®, and many other organizations as well as official football of the NAIA. Rawlings is the official basketball, football, baseball, softball, volleyball, and soccer ball of the National High School Federation®. For more information, please visit www.rawlings.com.
About Jarden Team Sports:
Jarden Team Sports is comprised of the following companies: Rawlings®, the Official Baseball and Helmet of Major League Baseball® and official ball of the NCAA® baseball championships; Worth Sports, the official softball supplier of NCAA® Division I, II, and III softball championships; deBeer®, a marketer and manufacturer of lacrosse sticks, gloves, protective gear, bags and apparel for the lacrosse industry; Miken®, the leading high-performance composite bat manufacturer; Hilton Corporate Casuals, a manufacturer of apparel and promotional products decorated with a logo or message for company events and corporate programs; and JT Sports, a leader in the paintball category worldwide, marketing a full complement of products under the Brass Eagle®, JT USA®, JT Tactical™, Stryker™, Viewloader®, and Worr Game Products® brands.
AtTask 2009 User Conference— May 13-15, 2009
The two-day AtTask user conference, Taking Care of Business, will include product training, one-on-one consultations, case studies, breakout sessions, and keynote presentations from AtTask customers like Trane, Hanes, and CBS. Online registration is available at: www.attask.com/userconference.