Fremont-Rideout Health Case Study
Fremont-Rideout Health Group
Yuba City, CA
- Outdated IT healthcare software systems and infrastructure
- Processes were hindering project throughput and quality
- Lack of transparency
- Complete visibility into projects
- Significantly increased project capacity
- Real-time reports increased accountability and improved performance
Fremont-Rideout Health Group in Northern California averaged approximately 60,000 emergency room patient visits per year between two hospitals and numerous specialized clinics. Up until 2008, they had managed to build up an impressive budget surplus, but their IT healthcare software systems and infrastructure were outdated. Tony Toglia came to the organization in 2008 as a consultant to implement barcoded patient forms along with an EMR, and soon found himself joining the team full-time. He was immediately tasked with forming a new PMO, as its director, to facilitate updating the hospital’s software systems and bridging the gap between the IT department and their various client departments and stakeholders.
It became clear to Tony that more could be accomplished with better tools. Tony was sure he could increase project throughput and quality, and give the organization much more transparency into their work.