We at Workfront are declaring the month of July “Organize Your Work Month.
It’s not a real holiday, not even in the way that July is National Hot Dog Month, National Cell Phone Courtesy Month, and National Blueberry Month. (Today, for the record, is also “Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day.”)
Nevertheless, all month long on the Talking Work blog, we’ll be sharing tips and ideas around how to organize work, de-clutter processes, and streamline workflows for the second half of the year.
Perhaps inspired by the hotter weather and beckoning vacations, many businesses naturally experience a lull in activity during the summer months. (Is that true for your business? It seems to be around here. But the onslaught is just around the corner…)
So, when you’re not out enjoying the sun and surf, it’s a great time to devote some energy to streamlining work processes and evaluating methodologies.
For our part, we’re gearing up to release our first-ever Agile Marketing survey and report, working on a five-part “Project Management 101” blog series, and compiling everything you ever wanted to know (and more!) about Gantt charts.
Please pull up a chair, grab a hotdog and a handful of blueberries—and for heaven’s sake be courteous with your cell phone—and start your journey to greater organization and inner peace by answering a few questions:
- Do you feel there’s room for improvement in your work management approach?
- Do you use Agile or Waterfall processes to organize your work?
- Do you understand the differences between the two?
- Are you interested in Agile marketing, but you don’t know where to start?
- What barriers get in the way of designing effective work processes?
- What is your best tip for organizing your work?
- What is your nemesis when it comes to organizing your work?
Feel free to answer these questions quietly in your head while you dip your toes in the hotel pool. Even better, post your responses in the comments below, or Tweet them to us (#organizework @Workfront_Inc).