OREM, Utah–May 20, 2009–AtTask (www.attask.com), the definitive solution enabling organizations to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise, welcomed customers from around the world to Salt Lake City, Utah for the AtTask User Conference 2009: Taking Care of Business. Organizations from Europe, China, Japan, South Africa, and all over North and South America enjoyed an exciting program of industry analyst presentations and customer success stories highlighted by opportunities to network with their peers from some of the world’s most influential corporations.
“The opening keynote presentation by Gartner’s Audrey Apfel kicked-off the Conference perfectly,” said one attendee who completed the feedback survey. “Her discussion of the value of enterprise project and portfolio management was insightful and timely. Plus, the ability to sit across the table from a Managing VP and Gartner Fellow to discuss the future of project management was invaluable. I definitely will be back next year with more of our executive team.”
“User Conference attendees came away from the event convinced that AtTask is the company to do business with,” says Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. “The success of the Conference is further evidence that while other PPM solution providers are slashing their organizations and losing market share, we are establishing ourselves as the definitive solution for helping organizations collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise. I couldn’t be more pleased with the response we received from customers, prospects, and our partners regarding our vision for the future.”
Project management expert and author Harvey Levine kicked off day two with a practical game plan for organizations looking to maximize limited resources in times of economic upheaval. Like Apfel, Levine made himself available for one-on-one consultations with conference attendees. “I can’t think of anywhere else I have had this kind of access to some of the most influential thought-leaders within our industry,” said one attendee. “It’s hard to imagine the total value of a thirty-minute conversation with someone like Harvey Levine. He spent 25 years successfully managing projects for one of the most powerful corporations in the world–GE. One-on-one access to that kind of experience and knowledge-base is incredibly valuable.”
One attendee offered, “AtTask is a great product–it makes my job easier. The quality of the software and the people behind are incredible. AtTask is a critical component of our organization’s success.”
Breakout sessions that included customer case studies, presentations by partners, and product training by AtTask Experts were designed to help companies focus knowledge workers and their organizations on being more effective, more innovative, and more competitive. In an economic climate demanding that every initiative undertaken at the project level is aligned with the strategic and financial goals of their organizations, AtTask’s most recent version addresses practical project management solutions that help organizations accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise including:
* Business Case Assessment–Mitigate risks and reduce costs by ensuring optimal alignment of current and potential projects with corporate strategic and financial goals.
* Demand Management–Make better investment decisions by performing first-pass evaluations of a potential project’s costs, risks, estimated value and alignment to corporate goals.
* Portfolio Optimization–Increase return on investment by finding the right mix of projects through comparative metrics-based ranking that considers the risk tolerance, and the importance of return, cost, and corporate alignment
* Best-Fit Capacity Planning–Optimize resource utilization by scheduling resources based on best-fit capacity planning across prioritized projects.
* Portfolio Scorecards–Create more effective business cases for evaluation of potential projects by allowing users to build their own alignment surveys through the use of a customizable scorecard.
“The opportunity to sit down face-to-face with our customers and validate our product roadmap and how it relates to real-world application within the enterprise was invaluable,” says Nate Bowler, AtTask’s CTO. “It definitely contributes to making AtTask a better and more usable solution for our customers. It’s great to hear about how much our customers enjoyed the Conference, but it was incredibly rewarding for all of us at AtTask as well.”
AtTask Q1 2009 Highlights
* AtTask finishes another record-breaking quarter with 183 new customers and 140% year-over-year increase in Q1 2009 bookings
* AtTask February Update 2009 allows business leaders to align strategic vision and objectives with project selection and execution enterprise-wide
* AtTask named best on-demand project management solution by TopTenREVIEWS for the third consecutive year
* AtTask recognized by Utah Valley BusinessQ in their UV50 listing of fastest-growing companies as #4 with three-year growth of 387%
* AtTask continues to build a strong, experienced management team with the addition of Kevin Hayden, Chief Marketing Officer and Michael Olson, Chief Financial Officer
For more information about AtTask, visit www.attask.com.
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask (www.attask.com) is web-based project management solution that focuses all knowledge workers on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include American Airlines, Boeing, CBS, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE Healthcare, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Newsweek, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.