OREM, Utah—August 17, 2009—AtTask, the definitive solution enabling organizations to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise, is ranked number 178 by Inc. magazine on its 28th annual Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in America. The list represents the most comprehensive look at the most important segment of the economy–America's independent-minded entrepreneurs.
"If you want to know which companies are going to change the world, look at the Inc. 500," said Inc. editor Jane Berentson. "These are the most dynamic, fast-growth companies in the nation, the ones finding innovative solutions to problems, creating smart systems, and inventing products we soon discover we can't live without. The Inc. 500 list is Inc. magazine's tribute to American business ingenuity and ambition."
"AtTask is emerging as an innovator in business productivity," said Scott Johnson, CEO of AtTask. "We are thrilled at the number of companies who are recognizing the value PPM brings to business and who are turning to AtTask as their solution of choice. This growth is a result of having the right solution at the right time."
In today's economic climate it's critical for companies to manage costs and increase the efficiency of their workforce. AtTask helps organizations increase productivity and reduce costs by providing transparency, visibility, and accountability on critical business projects across the enterprise with a SaaS/On-demand alternative to expensive and cumbersome legacy solutions that:
* Promotes better workforce utilization and increases efficiency
* Empowers organizations to focus on profit margins and cutting costs
* Provides enterprise-wide project visibility
* Enables greater regulatory compliance
* Facilitates business agility and innovation
* Provides heightened budget accountability
Among local companies on the Inc. 500, AtTask is the eighth fastest growing company in Utah and the second fastest growing software company. "With such a strong software and technology industry in Utah, I'm also very pleased with how AtTask measures up among our local peers," said Johnson.
AtTask's position on the Inc. 500 is merely the most recent of many accolades received this year. Other recognition includes:
* Being named an industry leader in SaaS/on-demand IT project management software by IDC1
* Recognition as the market share leader in Gartner's Market Share: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide 2008 Report2 with 90.0 percent share growth, outpacing the market by 12x
* Being named a visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management3
* Being named "Best Project Management Software" with a 2009 CODiE award
* Receiving the TopTenREVIEWS Gold Award for the third year in a row.
AtTask project management software helps organizations manage critical enterprise projects, reduce costs, and increase productivity in IT, marketing, finance, services, R&D, and operations. "Helping companies focus on those activities that make them more effective, innovative, and competitive has fueled our continued growth," said Johnson. "I expect to see this trend continue as organizations realize the importance of project management software to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise."
Recent AtTask Highlights
* AtTask momentum continues through Q2 with increased revenue growth, strong customer acquisition, and project management software innovation.
* Companies like Driscoll's, Johns Hopkins, National Geographic, Penn State, Simmons Foods, Verizon Wireless, and others choose AtTask's project management software to align business goals with project execution.
* Global successes in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) exceeded all projections in Q2.
* The Project & Portfolio Management Summit, held in June, brought together senior IT executives from the PPM business community who awarded AtTask a "Project & Portfolio Management Innovation Award" for "Best Presentation."
* Organizations from all over the world enjoyed an exciting program of industry analyst presentations and customer success stories during AtTask's first ever User Conference held in May.
1IDC MarketScape: IT Project and Portfolio Management, 2009 Vendor Analysis (IDC #219087)
2Gartner, Inc. “Market Share: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide, 2008” by Laurie F. Wurster et al, May 20, 2009
3Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management” by Daniel B. Stang and Michael Hanford, June 2, 2009
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask (www.attask.com) is the project and portfolio management (PPM) solution that focuses all knowledge workers on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include American Airlines, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE Healthcare, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Newsweek, Samsung, Toyota, and Whirlpool.
About the Inc. Magazine
Founded in 1979 and acquired in 2005 by Mansueto Ventures LLC, Inc. (www.inc.com) is the only major business magazine dedicated exclusively to owners and managers of growing private companies that delivers real solutions for today's innovative company builders. With a total paid circulation of 712,961, Inc. provides hands-on tools and market-tested strategies for managing people, finances, sales, marketing, and technology.