University Hospitals Of Cleveland Case Study
- PMO team was unable to fully leverage corporate project standards
- Lack of visibility made resourcing, reporting, and forecasting difficult
- Existing tool could not accommodate multiple portfolios
- Increased visibility across portfolios and collaboration across teams to improve project planning and execution
- Enabled real-time project updates
- Improved alignment of project resources
Managing IT projects for a leading healthcare system is a demanding job. Yet when the project management office (PMO) at University Hospitals of Cleveland was charged with overseeing the entire organization’s project portfolio, it accepted the challenge. The PMO team deployed Workfront to help improve planning and execution by bringing corporate standards and visibility to the larger organization’s work management processes.
University Hospitals is one of the nation’s leading healthcare systems, providing high-quality, patient-centered medical care at locations throughout Northeast Ohio. The system’s 1032-bed, tertiary medical center, University Hospitals, is an affiliate of Case Western Reserve University. More than 24,000 physicians and employees make up University Hospitals. The healthcare system performs more than 4.5 million outpatient procedures and nearly 63,000 inpatient discharges annually.